Today we are sharing a super cool activity from some of the staff at our centre. They did this activity in the past week with preschoolers and the students loved it!
Goals of the Activity: Learn about learn, understand how regular events in the environment occur, encourage exploration and curiosity.
- Shaving cream
- Food colouring (preferably blue)
- Clear container (like a jar)
- If you are in a group, have children gather around a table.
- Fill container with water
- Put container of water on table.
- Discuss rainy weather as it pertains to relevant topics (ex. Spring weather, outdoors, etc.)
- Put popcorn in the water. Discuss how it represents clounds and how the clouds get too heavy with water.
- Put food colouring in for rain. Discuss condensation and precipitation processes.
- Have children go to eye level with bottle.
- Make sure children observe and ask questions.
Source: Staff at Parkland Players adapted this activity from a variety of sources. For more details regarding this activity, feel free to contact us.