This is a great activity for visual and touch sensory stimulation. (Warning: it can be a little messy, get your child, and maybe yourself , to wear an apron/smock or an old t-shirt)
- Shaving cream from a can
- Plate or tray
- Food colouring or paint
- Spray the shaving cream onto your plate or tray.
- Let your child smooth out the shaving cream with the back of a spoon
- Add some drops of food colouring, or paint. Use this as a moment to count drops or talk about colours.
- Using a toothpick, mix the food colouring through the shaving cream and watch how the colours mix together.
- Optional: take a piece of paper and place it on the mixed up food colouring and shaving cream. Press it down firmly. Lift the paper up and scoop off the cream, it should reveal a stained marble pattern on the paper.