Developmental Goal/Activity Objective: To practice creative art skills as well as practice and learn more about the five senses.
- Puff paint
- Tempera or acrylic paint
- Sensory mix-ins for the paint: salt, flour, oats, birdseed, sand, etc.
Procedures/Strategies: (how to present activity and what children will do)
- Mix different colours of paint with different mix in materials for texture.
- Let children paint with these. It is more fun to use their fingers but the effect will still work with brushes.
- There is also a visual texture component to this activity.
- Have children describe the different textures and if you want guess what materials were added.
Guidance and Safety Considerations
Make sure younger children do not put paint in their mouths, it is probably best to stick to brushes with this age group.