We have been adapting the newest updates on COVID-19 from the BC Ministry of Health and WorkSafe BC. And yes, it was difficult! The new norm has shaken all of us. Starting from our best sense, touch was limited and restricted. All adults and children are affected and constantly saying, “6 feet apart! Social distance!” The setting in our center has changed and new policies and protocols have been placed and educated.
Our new normal
Some of our protocols and policies regarding the Pandemic – COVID-19:
- All children, staff, and educators who are entering the facility will have their temperature checked and be asked to fill out a questionnaire.
- Temperatures of 37.0C (98.6 F) and up will be sent home. Valid doctor note will be required to enter after 24 hours.
- Any child with symptoms during the day will be sent to isolation area with supervision until authorized pick-up person comes.
- Valid doctor note is essential if the child has runny nose or sneezing (any symptoms related to COVID-19) and is due to other reasons such as allergies.
- Posted signage at all entrances reminding people not to enter the site if they have symptoms associated with COVID-19.
- We are prohibiting visitors to the facility. We will use telephone or video conferencing when possible to meet with individuals as needed.
- To ensure physical distancing is maintained at drop off and pick up areas, we are requesting a 10 minutes heads up call for pick up and drop off.
- Washing hands, personal space, and respiratory etiquette are embedded in our daily circles, posters, and routines to remind children and staff.
- Solo activities are encouraged yet multiple groups are formed for group activities.
- And more policies and protocols are in place. Please email us for more information.
We look forward to seeing the children back at the centre as we maintain a safe and educational environment.