This is a super cool twist on the regular pumpkin crafts for October and Halloween, and it is super pretty!
- white pumpkin (even better if it is fake so you can keep the craft for later years)
- blow dryer
- peel the paper from your crayons and cut or break them in half.
- Place them around the stem of the pumpkin in a circle. If they sit in the ridges this is great. Glue them in place.
- Heat up the blow dryer and apply the hot air to the crayons.
- Let the wax melt down the sides until the crayon is fully melted.
- Put the other halves of your crayons on as well if you would like to melt more.
- Use the blow dryer in different angles to let the wax go in different directions.
- CAUTIONARY NOTE: be sure to protect the surface you are working on as this will get messy!
- Let the kids participate and discuss what happened to the crayons.