We are looking for an enthusiastic Early Childhood Educator with Infant and Toddler certification to join our Parkland Players team! We are a very community and team-oriented centre and expect staff to be able to collaborate and work well together as well as follow routines and schedules as outlined. The ECE with IT certificate would be the one of a few staff members working with our Infant and Toddler age group, and as such would need to exercise good communication and teamwork skills. Flexibility and adaptability are important characteristics for this role.
Responsibilities and Duties
Job Description (includes but is not limited to):
- Planning and implementing classroom activities and care for children aged birth to 5 years old
- Maintaining a clean and safe environment for children
- Collaborating with other staff members on program initiatives
- Creating a positive setting for children to learn
- Design and develop learning programs to facilitate children’s emotional, cognitive, social, and physical growth
- Communicate with parents regarding their children(s)’ development via reporting
- Supervise indoor and outdoor play (including field trips)
- Release children to authorized parent/guardian
- Closing and/or opening site operations with other staff members
Qualifications and Skills
- Early Childhood Educator with Infant and Toddler Certification License to Practice is required
- Up to date First Aid Certification and Criminal Record Check are required
- At least 1 year of experience working with children
- Doctor’s note of good health
- Hourly rate dependent on experience level
- After a full year of employment, health care benefits are made available.
- Also after one full year, two weeks of paid vacation are given.