Today is our annual Holiday Concert and we are super excited! So in the spirit of the holiday season we thought we would share a great holiday craft: snow slime! This craft is great for sensory development as well as cognitive skills associated with the process of mixing ingredients and predicting outcomes.
- Liquid starch
- White school glue
- Artificial snow for Christmas crafts (optional)
- Stir ¼ of the bag of artificial snow into ½ cup of white glue.
- Then, stir in ½ cup of liquid starch.
- Stir and mix with your hands. If the mixture is too sticky, add more starch, if it is too stringy, add more glue. Add in more craft snow if you are using this ingredient.
- Let children play with the slime.
- Incorporate winter animal props if you would like.
- Talk about how the ingredients formed the slime and what role each ingredient played.