The weather this month is getting warmer and sunnier. We can feel that summer is approaching fast! So for today we thought we would share some fun, and healthy, summer snacks for kids. These are great treats to beat the heat! They are refreshing and pretty healthy compared to their common summer alternatives.
This is the first post in a series of posts on recipes for healthy summer snacks for kids. One recipe will be featured per post. Here is one of our favourites, for the full list check out the source at the bottom. Note: if your child has any allergies be sure to thoroughly read all instructions and ingredients lists before trying any of these recipes.
WHOLE FRUIT POPSICLES from: http://theviewfromgreatisland.com/whole-fruit-popsicles/
- 2 kiwis
- 1 cup strawberry halves
- 1 cup roughly chopped mango
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup roughly chopped watermelon
- 1 cup roughly chopped pineapple
- Puree one fruit at a time in a small food processor, rinsing the machine out in between fruits.
- Spoon a layer of fruit to the bottom of a Popsicle and then repeat with another layer and another fruit.
- Stand a stick upright in each Popsicle and freeze. Note that source site recommends freezing in between layers and this may be the way to go.
- Once frozen pop your popsicles out of the mold and there you have it!
Check out the full list from (source): http://www.yummyhealthyeasy.com/healthy-summertime-snacks/