This is the third post in a series of posts on healthy lunch ideas.
Back to school is right around the corner, which means packing lunches again! Sometimes you need a little inspiration to get those healthy lunches going. So, we will be posting a few recipes or lunch ideas over the next little while. Hope they spark some lunch packing creativity!
From blueberryandbasil.com: Tropical Fruit Spring Rolls
- 1 pack rice paper
- 1 large bunch mint leaves (finely chopped)
- 1 pomegranate (seeded)
- 3 kiwi, thinly sliced
- ½ mango sliced thinly
- 2 mandarins
- 1 handful of blackberry
- 1 handful of raspberry
- 1 handful of strawberry
- 1 handful of blueberry
- black sesame
- prep the fruits
- add 3 cups of water to a large shallow pan and bring it to a boil. Remove pan from fire once boiling.
- Take rice paper and submerge it in the hot water for approximately 10-15 seconds.
- Once the paper is transparent and soft, transfer it to a clean, damp surface and gently smooth it out.
- Add fruits, mint leaves, pomegranate, and sesame seeds.
- Fold the bottoms, and gently roll until sealed.
- Repeat the process for each spring roll.