Keeping with our theme of Under the Sea, this art idea is a great way for kids to play, and for you to keep a fun memory that preserves their age.
- Modge Podge
- Wide and narrow paint brushes
- Paint cups
- Water cup
- Sandpaper for sand (optional)
- Google eyes if desired
- Artificial floral for seaweed and coral. (optional)
- Canvas of desired size
10 Artwork protecting sealer spray
- For the lobster, the footprint is the body of the lobster and the handprints are the claws
- Paint the bottom of your child’s foot
- Have your child step on their sea themed paper (hopefully the decorated it to create an underwater backdrop)
- Clean their foot so you don’t make a mess!
- Then paint their hands and allow them to handprint the paper near the heel of their footprint in two places
- Paint small lines to connect the handprints (claws) and footprint (body)
- Add lines for legs on both sides of the footprint
- Glue or draw on eyes
- Let dry
- Save the memory!