This is the fourth and final post in the summer craft series. This one is good for practicing creative art and fine motor skills.
DRINKING STRAW YARN WEAVING BRACELETS from: theresjustonemommy.com
- 3-5 plastic drinking straws
- Small piece of cardboard
- Cut 2 pieces of yarn approximately 2 ft long each.
- Tie the three pieces of yarn together at one end. Thread each piece through an individual plastic straw.
- Wrap 5-8 ft of a different colour of yarn around a small piece of cardboard.
- Tie the loose end of your weaving yarn to the other three pieces of yarn that were threaded through the straws.
- Tape the knotted yarn to the table to hold everything in place.
- Use the carboard shuttle with all the yarn on it to weave the yarn over the first straw, under the second and then over the third.
- Continue weaving back and forth and push the yarn up on the straws as you go.
- Once done weaving carefully slide the soda straws down, and off the yarn, one at a time and hold the weaving in place so it doesn’t unravel.
- Tie the ends together to make a bracelet.