With the start of Spring, children at Parkland Players have been learning some new gardening skills! We have planted some flowers, and grown sprouts in jars (pictured above on the top). If your child has been enjoying these activities, here is a great one to do at home, especially with Easter approaching.
EGGHEADS WITH CRESS HAIR (pictured above on the bottom).
- Empty egg shells
- Felt pens
- Stick-on wobbly eyes
- Cotton wool,
- Cress seeds
- An empty egg carton
- Wash out the eggshells (after breaking them open at the top very carefully) and sit them in an egg carton.
- Draw on some fun faces!
- Put some cotton wool inside the shells and dampen them with some water.
- Sprinkle cress seeds all over the cotton wool – good coverage will give you a full head of hair.
- Place them on a windowsill where they will get some light and wait for them to sprout (this may take a couple days.
- Add a little bit of water if the cotton wool dries out.