This is the fifth post in a series of posts on healthy lunch ideas.
Back to school is right around the corner, which means packing lunches again! Sometimes you need a little inspiration to get those healthy lunches going. So, we will be posting a few recipes or lunch ideas over the next little while. Hope they spark some lunch packing creativity!
From pepperscraps.com: Baked Macaroni and Cheese Bites
- 1 box of macaroni and cheese
- ½ cup cottage cheese (low fat)
- ¼ cup plain greek yogurt
- ¼ cup sharp cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup tomato chopped (optional)
- preheat broiler and place rack on the top slot.
- Cook macaroni noodles per directions on the package.
- Add cottage cheese, yogurt and cheese packet to noodles and mix
- Spoon 1 cup of noodles into muffin pan (suggestion not to use paper muffin sleeves)
- Sprinkle cheese and tomatoes on top.
- Place on top rack and cook for 3-5 minutes or until the top of each bite gets crispy.
And there you have it! A week of lunch inspiration!