Does your child love music? Or maybe they just like crafts. No matter their interest, here ae some fun ways to make musical instruments at home.
- Take any cylindrical shaped container.
- Cover the opening with fabric and put an elastic band around it.
- If it is a container that is not needed for any other purposes, allow your child have some fun decorating it with paint, marker, crayons or collage materials.
- Give them some wooden spoons and let them play!
- Use film containers, water bottles or plastic eggs
- Experiment with different sounds by putting different materials inside the container of choice (ex. Dry beans, macaroni, rice, buttons, craft beads, etc.)
- Tape the container shut in the appropriate manner depending on the container
- Let them shake away!
Source: Petersen, Sandra H., and Donna S. Wittmer. Infant and Toddler Curriculum, 2nd Edition. Pearson Learning Solutions, 2012. VitalBook file.